GE Fanuc 90-30 PLC

Stixs

Hi ...I have inherited a machine with a GE Fanuc 90-30 PLC. It came with no software or hardcopy of the program. Is there a trial GE PLC software program that I can get to look at the program in this unit? I usually work with Omron PLC's, mainly CX-Programmer. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Stixs

You could start here:

http://www.gefanuc.com/support/plc/downloads/LM90/lm9030d.zip

The zip file is a trial version of the older DOS-based programming software. If the machine you've inherited is old enough, it may do the job for you. If the program was created using newer Windows-based software, then the above package won't be able to read it.

You should get in touch with your local GE Fanuc distributor. He may be willing to give you a CD with the current software. You can install and run it for four days without having to register it. It's fully functional during the four day trial period. After the trail period expires, any files you've created are still there, but the software won't run.

The bad news is that regardless of which software package you use to get the program out of the PLC, you won't get any variable names or rung comments, so the ladder logic will be tough to follow. The annotation files don't get saved in the PLC, they only exist on the computer running the programming software. You should also try contacting the original manufacturer of the machine to see if you can get an annotated copy of the program. Even if the program that's actually running in the PLC is different from the OEM's version, you'll get the annotation, and that will be a big help in understanding what the program is supposed to be doing. That all assumes that the OEM is still in business, and that they did a decent job of annotating the program in the first place.

Question about establish communicating

HI EVERY ONE

I have some problems to connect my ge 90 30 series to my pc, actually i installed versapro trial for four day , but when i try to establish communication betwen them it can't connect, the CCU SETTING that I set are correct i was copping from Ge manuals, but i was thinking that problem was VERSAPRO 2.04 TRIAL DUE that it's a trial four days,

please if somebady has experience according to tranfer data or establish connection wit pc ab plc ,

The trial version of VersaPro is fully functional, including communications capabilities. Whatever problems you're having, it is not because you're running the trial version.

Are you communicating through the serial port on the power supply module? That port is RS485 and you need a converter to connect through your PC's RS232 serial port. Default settings for the power supply port are 19200 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, odd parity.

Question about establish communicating

Steve Bailey said:
The trial version of VersaPro is fully functional, including communications capabilities. Whatever problems you're having, it is not because you're running the trial version.

Are you communicating through the serial port on the power supply module? That port is RS485 and you need a converter to connect through your PC's RS232 serial port. Default settings for the power supply port are 19200 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, odd parity.

Hi steve thanks for answer

Yes it's using the serial port that has power supply called RS485 , BUT i have the CABLER converter RS485-RS232, I Connected directly to port COMM 1 in my pc and try established communication it was not possible (i set setting for the power supply port are 19200 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, odd parity mension). the Curious was that i used PLC AND I/O FAULT TABLES nad to connect PLC and it has connected, it appears as communication estatus : connected, BUT when i try to connect from plc versapro from PLC- TOOLS- CONNECT(F9), USING SAME CONDITION ACCORDING TO COMMUCATIONS OPCIONS AND WAS NOT POSSIBLE STABLISED CONNECTION.

THANKS FOR YUO HELP.

Hi Dear,
please we would like to ask you about cpu 374 plus
has problem with Run Disabled we try to change to enable output it not possible (EOK,LAN&STAT ALL BLINKING UNISON)
BEST WISHIES
HAZMZA

We have some machins from years 2006-2009 with 12 units of IC693CPU374.
In the last 8 years we replaced about 10 units to new after fatal errors
as discribed above.
Firmware download did not help .

Tamir