How to go to the terminal config screen on PanelView Plus 600

I had the same problem with PV+ 400 with KeyPad only and SMOKE's advice helped.
You have to hold F1 button when Panel is starting (I had simply turned off and on the power supply) - hold it till the terminal goes into Configuration mode.

I once received the space error when trying to flash a normal pvp module with a CE unknowingly. Although I doubt this helps this situation as I assume 600's don't have the option of CE.

I have tried F1 key press and hold but it gives me error "stuck key"i have then release that KEY .should I keep it hold untill it goes into configuration settings?

please tell me if there is any thing change in settings appear after using the UTILITY procedure.i need to remain set my hmi ".mer" app on each startup .I just want to confirm the firmware version of my HMI

I have a PV+ 400 that seems to hang loading the application

I have tried the CNTRL ALT DEL and it didn't work.

Holding F1 results in stuck key

I would like to try the autorun thing but I have a question...

If I rename the file on a USB drive to autorun.exe, will it also run when I insert it back into my laptop, and do I need to be concerned about that? I have a company computer and they have no sense of humor about things like that

It depends on your autoplay setings for that drive on that laptop.
it should ask you what you want to do with that drive when detected. If you have already selected something like 'Go ahead and run those programs', then yes, it could try to run on your PC. It is likely to bomb out on your machine though and cause no harm.

Should. Likely. There is no certainty in those words.

I have used the batch file method to recover a choked PV+ many times and not had any problems, but our accounts always default to prompt the user when new media is detected. so it does nothing on the laptop unless you double click it. I don't recall the exact script, but I think it will error out at the first attempt to read some invalid reference or execute some command from the WindowsCE world.

Last edited:
I will see what is supposed to happen when the usb port detects something. I never thought of that.

the autorun thing though... bugs me..

thanks

It's not Ctrl Alt Delete. It is the Ctrl, Shift, Alt, and Windows key. Those four keys are at the bottom left of most keyboards.

Not sure if it works on a 400, but it's worked on every PV+ that I've tried.

The autorun.bat file will have no effect on an ordinary Windows PC, because it refers to file system paths that don't exist on an ordinary Windows PC, like '\Storage Card\RsViewME\Runtime'.

My recollection is that it will just pop up with a 'path not found' error.

It could be detected by antivirus as a threat, because it was a popular infection vector a few years ago.

For both of these reasons, I generally rename that autorun.bat files and put them in a subdirectory where they won't be executed automatically. I bring them out if I need to actually run the batch file on a PV+.

thanks to all who replied... I revived a locked up PV+ using the auto run thing.

the ctr / alt / window / shift got me into the task manager but I couldn't get anything accomplished from there

thanks to all who replied ... you guys are the best:geek: