MicroLogix 1400 and MicroLogix Program Download Utility

I'm currently trying download to a MicroLogix 1400 PLC, without any purchased software.

I found the MicroLogix Program Download Utility from the Rockwell website, however I receive an error: "dtl32.dll was not found."

I'm assuming this is because I don't have a copy of RSLinx installed.

I'm currently downloading the "light" copy, but the description says it will only work for with MicroLogix 1100.

Anybody have any advice?

I'm currently trying download to a MicroLogix 1400 PLC, without any purchased software.

I found the MicroLogix Program Download Utility from the Rockwell website, however I receive an error: "dtl32.dll was not found."

I'm assuming this is because I don't have a copy of RSLinx installed.

If that is a correct assumption, then you can prove it by downloading and installing RSLinx Lite.

I'm currently downloading the "light" copy, but the description says it will only work for with MicroLogix 1100
RSlogix500 Micro Starter Lite will only work with files for the Micrologix 1000 and 1100.

Go here to the 3rd download to get RSLinx Lite.
http://www.ab.com/linked/programmablecontrol/plc/micrologix/downloads.html

Out of curiosity, I downloaded the utility and since there wasn't any separate help file to read, I went ahead and installed it and tried it out. It worked fine with a ML1500 LRP, so I would expect it works with any micrologix as long as RSLinx is installed.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick replies.

Also, I was unclear, I'm currently downloading the lite version of RSLinx.

Of course, it's taking forever.

Will update if it works. Crossing my fingers.