Modicon M340 to M168 Comms

sjerry

Hi,

i am trying to set up comms between a modicon m340 and a modicon m168 controller. I am using the mbs1 connection on the m168 to the modbus port on a p342020 modicon m340 plc. All i am trying to do is take 5 analog signals into the m168 and send the values to the m340. I am doing this because the m168 has the ability to take thermistor inputs directly into it. I will also be using the m168 to talk bacnet to 4 chillers with a bac/net mstp module. I have tried to setup the m168 to send the info to the m340, but obviously without success. I have attached the m168 program for an example...

I looked at your program and see that you have not exported any values to the Modbus interface. Click Tools -> Export Entities..., then drag the variables to the address that you want the data in. Address 1 under Register Vars would be 40001, address 1 under Digital Vars would be 00001. See attached, I set up a few for you as a go-by.

Another thing that is incorrect - MBS1 is slave only and you're trying to use it as a master on your MODBUS_COMMS sheet. If you want to be a master then you must set up MBS2 as Modbus Master and do it from there.