Numeric input max problem with MicroLogix 1400 and PVP compact 600

rocktrap

I am having a problem with the max value when using a numeric input on the PVP 600. I created the numeric input and I am able to change the value in the MicroLogix 1400 from the PVP 600. The problem is with the max value. I set it to 2000 and that is what shows up on the keypad entry screen, but if I put a value of over 100 I get an error from the PVP 600 that states max value is 100. I tried to set the min and max to variables from the PLC and I have the same issue.

min is 0 and max is 2000. I can enter 100, but if I enter 101 I get an error stating min max range is 0-100 on the PVP 600. When the keypad comes up it states the correct range, 0 ~ 2000.

If the connection is through an 'HMI Tag' then it has its own minimum and maximum.

Note that the Min/Max in the HMI tag is in units read from the PLC.

If scaling is used then the Minimum and Maximum in the Numeric tab for the control is in terms of the scaled value.

I am trying to use the HMI to change a tag in the PLC (N7:3). So I have a numeric input on the HMI that is to change the value of N7:3 in the PLC. This tag is the cycle time in seconds. I can change the tag in the PLC to be greater than 100 and it shows up on the HMI that way, but I can not use the HMI to change it to more than 100.

I have done this simply using a Cmore HMI. First time using a PVP 600 and I having nothing but trouble. I must be missing something.

If you wish to create an .APA, 'zip' it and post it I can take a look at it. But first check on the HMI Tag suggestion. I'm almost certain that's where the problem lies.

I did not understand what you meant at first. I located the HMI tags and found what you were talking about. It is all fixed now. Factory Talk View Studio must default them from 0 to 100 when importing the tags from the PLC.

Thanks for your assistance. IT is much appreciated.

Worked for me as well

I just wanted to say thanks. Just had the same problem, tried everything and ultimately found this old thread. HMI Tags, nice!

It is interesting to me now in retirement seeing that these suggestions still help.

Of course it's not that I 'just knew' the answer to that problem. It took a a bit of head scratching a couple years earlier than that post to figure out what was going on in my own occurrence of exactly this problem. But like all good craftsmen it's not that you never have a problem but that, once solved, you remember the solution.

It's worth mentioning that this problem was the result of a conversion from a Panelview 600 ( Panelbuilder) to Panelview Plus 6 ( Factorytalkview). There are actually 3 other 'numeric inputs' in the same application on a different screen with numbers way higher than the default of 0-25 that I had the problem with, that actually work fine. I'll have to go back and take a look at thier HMI tags later today to see what they defaulted to post conversion.