WinCC Runtime Professional Remote Update

Manglemender

Hello,

I'm in need of updating the SCADA of a machine that is several thousand miles away. The machine is equipped with a functioning e Won.

Does anyone know how to get WinCC Runtime Professional to update over an e Won? It only seems to work over a local connection?

Nick

I've used e Won's many times, but only to update PLC logic. Not sure how to update the HMI thru an e Won, or if it is even possible. Have you contacted e Won tech support, they are supposed to be pretty helpful. I would be very interested if you or anyone else figures out how to update the HMI thru an e Won.

Yes, contact tech support. But I think all you really need to do is Log in to your **** account "do a refresh" on the network scan, once it see's the Hmi add it to the list of devices that you need to service and from then on the Hmi will be available for you to connect.

Not sure for Scada but for an hmi you can also make a ''pack and go'' file with portal and have your customer install it without portal installed on his computer. (Of course it need to be connected with the hmi ip)

I dont use Siemens Scada, but for AB we would Teamviewer into the server PC and update the Scada from there, not via an ****.