FactoryTalk View Studio Getting data from other software

Hi Guys,

Overview:

HMI: Factory Talk View Studio 7.0
UPS: (GE) GT8000 RT comes up with software for monitoring

We're currently doing a project wherein we need to monitor the UPS status, the issue comes up when the module for dry contact is not available, leaving the PLC and the HMI "clueless" on what's the status of the UPS.

Since the UPS comes up with a software, wherein it displays the status of the UPS as well as its alarms, Is it possible for FactoryTalk to get data from the UPS software so that it will be able to display alarms in the HMI environment?

Thank you!

Does the UPS support SNMP. If it does then you could use the Kepware SNMP Client driver to connect to the UPS and read he data. More importantly if it does then it can probably send a Trap to the driver when an error state occurs.

This is assuming that the UPS has an Ethernet Port.