Can RSLogix show me difference b/t project in PLC and laptop?

unsaint32

As a maintenance person, I have my own laptop that has RSLogix 5000 V16.04.00 (CPR 9), and whenever I go online, I save the project before I exit.

If a change had been made by an engineers while I was gone, it'd be useful for me to know what change had been made.

Next time I go online with the saved project (now different than the latest project in the PLC), is there way for me to make the RSLogix show me the difference between my project and the current project?

The PLC is Controllogix 5000 1756-L63

if you followed the default setup when the software was installed, you should have a COMPARE feature listed under the Tools selection on the RSLogix5000 main menu ...

if you didn't install the compare feature, you should be able to install it from the RSLogix5000 DVD ...

basic idea: you tell it that you want a "New" file (which is just a framework for the comparison operation) ... then you browse to each of the two files that you want to compare ... after it grinds away for a few minutes, start hitting the light blue arrow buttons ... this should take you step-by-step through any differences between the two program files ...

Last edited: