Can't read analog inputs from 1746-NI8

MartyMaucher

Trying to read analog inputs from 1746-NI8 card, but values show 0 and channel status LEDs never come on.

Details:
- SLC 5/05, 1747-L551 processor
- Analog input card's module status light is on steady green
- 6ma current wired in channel 0
- Configure channel for 4-20mA
- Using RSLogix 500, UKResearch.RSS .zip file attached below

I've tried to set the Data Format for 1746-NI4 format, and User Scaled Range, yet the channel LED never comes on and always read 0.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
MM

AnalogInputConfig.jpg

Attachments

• UKResearch.zip
    19.7 KB · Views: 19
short on time – but take a look at Ladder File #11 ... there you are using OTE instructions to control the status of bits in O:4.0 ... since that address is being used for the "configuration" data of your input module (well, at least for one of them) this could be a big part of your problem ...

if this doesn't help, I'll try to dig deeper later - but I'm swamped right now ...

Last edited:
Also have you set the dip switches to current? See PDF

Edit: bernie carlton types faster then I do.

You have two analog cards in the chassis. I see a configuration file and configuration rung for the NI8 card in slot 4, but not one for the card in slot 5.

In your program you are also writing to O:4.0 bits with OTE instructions that are labeled with comments like Train 1 Purge Valve (see ladder 11) so I think you may have some addressing crossed up as these will be bits that are used to set the configuration of the analog module in slot 4. Same goes for O:5.0 in ladder 13. (You are also using them as XIC addresses in ladder 4).

If you don't have the manual for the NI8 card you can download it from the literature library on AB's website.

Thanks for all the replies. Yes, the card switches are set for current input. However, as stated, my addressing looks to be the culprit. The ladder files are from an old system which is addressing outputs at a slot where the input card now is. I've got more work to do on that.....
Thanks again,
MM

Last edited: