Factory talk view alarms

Rehu09

Hi all,

1. I'm upgrading the pv550 to pv700+ and designing all the screen in Factory talk view ME edition. I got stuck at alarm setup. Because almost all my alarms are created in N7:1 (16 bit) (description as "alarm address array) and then N7:2 is used as (description as "reset alarm address array). So I went in Factory talk view and started creating new tags as mentioned below
Alarm1
digital
data source : device
address - "::[program]N7:0/1"

then went to alarm setup
selected trigger as alarm1
and trigger type as value
labeled "some message"

question 1. Do I have to use acknowledge bit N7:2 to reset alarm anywhere over here in optional trigger connections.

question 2. Can I used "::[program]N7:0/1" is this valid address or do I hve to use "::[program]N7:0 [L1]"

I have seen in some forum "::[program]N7:0 [L1]" someone was telling to use this.

can someone please help me in creating the alarms.
Your help is really really appreciated.

Your alarm trigger will be "::[program]N7:0]"
Select bit trigger type, so the trigger will be based in bit position ( N7:0/0 -->1 .....N7:0/15-->16)

Your alarm trigger will be "::[program]N7:0]"
Select bit trigger type, so the trigger will be based in bit position ( N7:0/0 -->1 .....N7:0/15-->16)
Do I have to mention "::[program]N7:0[L1] OR "::[program]N7:0" and trigger value as bits?
And do I have to give acknowledge clear the alarm?

You can try using {::[shortcut]N7,L3} or {::[shortcut]N7:0,L3}. L3 means that you reserve N7:0, N7:1 and N7:2 as your alarm triggers. Your trigger values will be 1,2,3...15,16,17...32,33,...48. Each N register is 16 bits and you allowed for 3 registers so you have total 48 trigger values.

To acknowledge your alarms there is a built in acknowledge button which you can use.
There is also a built in alarm clear button that you can also use. That is for basic applications.

If you need some more sophisticated alarm management you can write your own logic to acknowledge and clear alarms. However the built in will work in 99% applications.

You can try using {::[shortcut]N7,L3} or {::[shortcut]N7:0,L3}. L3 means that you reserve N7:0, N7:1 and N7:2 as your alarm triggers. Your trigger values will be 1,2,3...15,16,17...32,33,...48. Each N register is 16 bits and you allowed for 3 registers so you have total 48 trigger values.

To acknowledge your alarms there is a built in acknowledge button which you can use.
There is also a built in alarm clear button that you can also use. That is for basic applications.

If you need some more sophisticated alarm management you can write your own logic to acknowledge and clear alarms. However the built in will work in 99% applications.
I don't have much alarms in my plc program only N7:1 of 16 bits and N7:3 of 9bits are used for the alarm. It also mentioned in the ladder logic that N7:2 is used to reset the alarm address array so I'm little confused. so whether I have to use N7:2 in every bit of acknowledge
Coming to {::[shortcut]N7:0,L3} I'm using only N7:1 and N7:2 what should I mention in L?
can't I use directly {::[shortcut]N7:0/1} trigger value as 1?

You can try using directly {::[shortcut]N7:0/1} as a trigger so you will have
{::[shortcut]N7:0/1}
{::[shortcut]N7:0/2}
{::[shortcut]N7:0/3}
{::[shortcut]N7:0/16}

{::[shortcut]N7:3/1}
{::[shortcut]N7:0/9}

Not sure about your way of acknowledging alarms.

You can try using directly {::[shortcut]N7:0/1} as a trigger so you will have
{::[shortcut]N7:0/1}
{::[shortcut]N7:0/3}
{::[shortcut]N7:0/16}

{::[shortcut]N7:3/1}
{::[shortcut]N7:0/9}

Not sure about your way of acknowledging alarms.
I'm using directly as you mentioned. I don't know how to use the acknowledge

I have old screen which are developed in panel view32 when I went and looked them. It has acknowledge for the N7:2 which is reset alarm address array.
I don't know how to use in factory talk view the same bit

Under Alarm Setup > Trigger Tab. The Optional Trigger Connections is where you should place your acknowledge address. Select each trigger and place your acknowledge tag in the Remote Ack. I hold my acknowledge bit on for 1 second to allow HMI to see it. I noticed if less than that it did not always pick it up. This will allow the PLC to acknowledge the alarm and timestamp your alarm list with the acknowledgment time. Note: Use the HELP Button on the property page to see the descriptions for all tags.
Acknowlede Trigger.PNG