Trying to upload from CJ1m using CxOne

Daye.04

Hi all.

I've been trying to upload the program in an old PLC we have. It's a CJ1M type PLC and I'm using the CX-One software. I seem to be able to connect and upload just fine. However, the program is not nearly complete.

The segment display on the PLC shows a "H7" error, and the Err/Alm LED is lit.

When I connect to the PLC to view the error log, I get a few errors, but only one with an error code. It is named "memory error". In the program that is uploaded, there seems to be a fair chunk of program that's actually uploaded properly, but the rest is just a bunch of "????"

I've never used any Omron PLC or software before, does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong, and how to rectify it? We do not have the program in the PLC available, as this was a machine brought in from somewhere else.

It looks to be at least ten years old.

Thanks in advance, Daye.04

Bit sad - can happen - contact your local Omron office - I have always found them to be most helpful. No backups is a PITA! The CJ1M is still available but generally replaced with the CJ2M.

Right. So the machine has been without power for a few weeks, and when I powered it back up, I saw in the error log that it had a battery error. So that is to say that all hope is lost, then?

It depends on whether it is only a battery warning or the battery has actually died - batteries should be replaced every 5 years but never happens.