how to do the PID simulation in Honeywell PKS demo environment

pointgrey

Hello,

I am learning Honeywell PKS on a PKS R311 virtual machine. I built a PID CM and loaded to the simulation.
Does anybody know how to make the PV or SP change to see how the OP responses under PID CM simulation mode?
The CM screen are attached and please guide me.

Thank you very much.
PT

pid cm status.jpg

Normally you would set pvsource to manual then enter the pv you want the input to have. That's done on the analog input or on the PID controller itself. SP (setpoint) value is just to set to whatever you want on the PID controller. PID has to be in auto to do any work.

I haven't used the demo environment but this is how it's done when you want to simulate something in an actual process.

Thank you Pete for your tech support. I figured out that I had to change some parameters of the PID block to see the output in simulation mode.