Panel bview plus/factory talk question

IdealDan

Hi Friends,
Two Question here please:

1. Is it possible for someone to assign his own chosen IP address to a Panel View Plus6 1000?

2. At simulation stage, I intended using Tag address say N7:10 in Factory Talk studio ME instead of Tag Name (say start). but I can't see it via connection Tab. How can I Tag with Tag address like N7:10 at simulation stage not via PLC Node?
Thanks in advance for help

Hello,

1. Yes it is possible to assign unique IP address to a PVP6 1000. It is done under Network Settings as far as I remember. When you shut down your application you should get to panel setting window where you can navigate to Network Settings.

2.What version of FT View you are using?

Hello,

1. Yes it is possible to assign unique IP address to a PVP6 1000. It is done under Network Settings as far as I remember. When you shut down your application you should get to panel setting window where you can navigate to Network Settings.

2.What version of FT View you are using?
Version 9.00, so any IP address can work? No default IP address?

PanelView Plus terminals, like virtually all computers, are configured for DHCP network address assignment by default.

To configure a static IP address, you use the Configuration mode menus, in the Network Settings category.

There is no static default IP address.

For your second question, I think you are describing Offline Tag Browsing, in which an RSLinx Enterprise Shortcut is associated with a *.ACD file for a ControlLogix family controller.

This feature is not available with *.RSS files for SLC/MicroLogix controllers. You must manually type in the data table address.