Alarm Banner Issue - FactoryTalk

Sham

Hi All,

Has anyone of you faced an issue like the alarms are not being shown, even when you know they are active? and upon refreshing, you see them momentarily, but they disappear again?

Is it because of the limitation of being able to display only 2000 active alarms at one time? If yes, what is the way around to this issue as I will be constantly getting more than 2000 active alarms for my project.

Thanks

Mostly the testers out filter on those assets which they are testing, and when cant see the alarms, they raise defects. Makes sense? Can there be any way around to this issue?

If you have over 2000 active alarms at one time then you have some serious problems with the program. 10 operator could not deal with then in a reasonable time.
rethink the alarms.
if you have that many alarms due to defects in products then again that a lot to deal with at one time maybe the manufacturing process need to be adjusted.
if you really need that many then move the alarm handling to a PC and write then to an excel file where the only limitation would be the size of the hard drive

Do the alarms have to be logged? Are you using the alarm blocks?
We are not logging the alarms atm, they just need to be displayed. The alarms are caused by change of analog value or when the bit status changes (like 0 or 1 for healthy or unhealthy etc)

If you have over 2000 active alarms at one time then you have some serious problems with the program. 10 operator could not deal with then in a reasonable time.
rethink the alarms.
if you have that many alarms due to defects in products then again that a lot to deal with at one time maybe the manufacturing process need to be adjusted.
if you really need that many then move the alarm handling to a PC and write then to an excel file where the only limitation would be the size of the hard drive

How can that be done? I mean will be we able to display those alarms?

I would think your looking to display a bulk of tag values rather than alarms, correct? If so how many tags total are you looking at?

I would think your looking to display a bulk of tag values rather than alarms, correct? If so how many tags total are you looking at?

The alarms are being generated from the tag values. So on the background they are tag values, but actually the alarms they cause have to displayed.

if you can display an Excel spread sheet then you can display all the alarms
you would also have the advantage of a log that can be saved and reviewed later
But again I ask 2000 alarms at one time that would be very difficult for any operator to handle