Binary Inputs for Tool ID recognition

Good morning all. I am stumped as to why my logic isn't working, other than I am not logical. I am using some inputs to turn on some N7 bits in a word to assign a Tool ID to a tool based on which inputs are made. The inputs are showing energized but the N7 bits are not showing "energized". I did a "Find All" to make sure the N7 bits were not used anywhere else, and they aren't. See attached screen shot of the logic and Find All search. Any ideas as to why the bits aren't turning on?

2020_04_15_09_21_04_RSLogix_500_NVH_FOAM_PRESS_1.jpg

The most likely reason is, as suggested by the two previous replies, that this ladder file [LAD 37] is never being run.

Search for U:37; what do you find? You should see summat like this:

xxx.png

Last edited:
ADQ104: Why input file not being "energized"?

If it's make you feel better, I will make this post to be ADQ104 in my running series.

Just had the opposite, I was simulating a program, where I wrote a simulation block to simulate the machine so I created a block where the I/O is mapped, normally this is disabled or not called while simulating, however, I was tearing my hair out while trying to simulate as it was not doing what I expected. The problem, I had left the call in for the I/O map so the real I/O was overwriting the mapped bits Doh…. So even after 35 years can still forget.o_O

I've sat and looked over all the logic and started in on the hardware until I realized I was off-line. Maybe that's why my values weren't updating and OTE's weren't going true. Duh.
Happened more than once.