GE Fanuc 90-30 with MaxOn

Rogelio

I transferred to one of our plants that still has several 90-30 plcs after the previous programmer retired. I have been asked to edit a system that is running a MaxOn redundant project while the PLC is still running. I cannot stop it.

I have only a few months of self taught experience.
My question is, can I edit one PLC at a time and not stop the process? can this be done online?
I am not sure what version of software was used to produce this project but I believe it was VersaPro. I also have Proficy 7.0 ME and 9.0 ME.
I have the projects, 2 config and 1 logic.
What would the process be to accomplish this?
Thanks for any help.
Roy

Still waiting for GE to approve my login account.
Have you done this Steve?
Can I edit the standby processor, then transfer to it and then load the logic only into the other processor?
Roy

When I try to load the project into a test PLC on the bench, it fails with an error about
%R memory usage exceeds limits in HBR_010. using VersaPro 2.02 2214

I have only ever encountered one Max-On system and I did not have to modify it. I would be surprised if you could not edit the CPUs without shutting down the system. That is whole point of redundancy after all.
I don't know if the error you're seeing is due to Max-On or to the configuration of your CPU. Different CPU models have different %R memory sizes. You can also reconfigure the %R memory size in some models. That's the first place I would look.

Just a heads up, every Maxon 90/30 application i've ever encountered has been password protected. I've never been able to track down the password. Your experience may differ though.