SLC 500 (1747-L40C) firmware

arifbalti

Dear All,

I need to upload program from slc 500 fixed controller (1747-L40C), series "B" and FRN "6"and to download the program to another PLC having exactly the same part number(1747-L40C) and series"B" but FRN 4.

1-Do i need to upgrade the firmware from FRN 4 to FRN 6? or the Firmware does not matters.
2- If i need to upgrade the firmware then where can i get the firmware?
3- can we upgrade the firmware version for SLC fixed controller?

Thanks,

Dear All,

I need to upload program from slc 500 fixed controller (1747-L40C), series "B" and FRN "6"and to download the program to another PLC having exactly the same part number(1747-L40C) and series"B" but FRN 4.

1-Do i need to upgrade the firmware from FRN 4 to FRN 6? or the Firmware does not matters.
2- If i need to upgrade the firmware then where can i get the firmware?
3- can we upgrade the firmware version for SLC fixed controller?

Thanks,

It is unlikely that the firmware will be a problem, but I have not seen your logic or looked at the release notes for that very old firmware to be sure of that statement.

I am not sure if the fixed hardware SLC can be upgraded in the field, I think not.

I searched for the release notes pertaining to SLC FRN 6 and came up empty. I am sure they're buried in that immense storehouse of documentation at the A/B knowledgebase, but I don't have the patience for finding things there.

Are you coping a machine? you may want to upgrade the PLC... thats a very old PLC and may give you more issues then what its worth saving

Are you coping a machine? you may want to upgrade the PLC... thats a very old PLC and may give you more issues then what its worth saving

He is correct. I would highly suggest migrating to a Micrologix1100 or Micrologix 1400 if at all possible. You would gain ethernet connectivity and available replacement parts for little cost.

He is correct. I would highly suggest migrating to a Micrologix1100 or Micrologix 1400 if at all possible. You would gain ethernet connectivity and available replacement parts for little cost.

Agreed,

Client has new PLC of same part number already, thats why he just want to replace the PLC instead of migrate to ML1100/1400.

Dear All,

I am confused after reading many threads regarding upload/download to SLC 500 fixed controllers via 1747-UIC DH485 to USB convertor.

Any one having experience of uploading and downloading through 1747-UIC to SLC 500 fixed hardware controllers(1747-L40C).

Thanks,

Dear All,
I tried to upload program from 1747-L40C (SLC500 fixed hardware controller). Unfortunately, the RJ45 port was out of order, and i could not upload the program from PLC.

Is there is any technique/method to upload program form PLC.

Thanks

The only port on the L40C is the RJ45 (DH485) why do you think its not working?

Thank you dear,

As mentioned in above threads, i have two same PLCs (L40C), the other one is communicating successfully with the same cable and Driver in RSlinks.
Thats how i concluded that port was out of order.

Also, the physical condition of the PLC was very bad.

Is there any way to check the port health/ upload program from PLC?

Thanks,

The only other way is if there is a memory module (eeprom) installed, that PLC only has one way to communicate that I know of and only one way to communicate

Then your only option if they do not have a backup is going to rewrite it, the good thing is odds are its going to be a basic program and nothing complex

when you say the RJ45 port is bad, Does it show the processor in RS Linx at all.
I had this problem on an old SLC Brick once and I believe the program was loaded in an old AB 6200 file or something. It would show in linx's but not let me upload. There is a fix I would have to look up what it was.