Logix 5000 renaming UDT members

lambles

Hi all,
If I rename an element of a UDT the new name flows through to the tag database where the UDT is used however it does not flow through to the ladder logic....is this normal?

To maybe explain a bit better see the following 2 scenarios.

Scenario 1
I have a tag called MOTOR_RUNNING which is a bool base tag in the controller tag database. I use this bit in the logic in various places. If I change the tagname to MOTOR_OPERATING all instances of this bit throughout the logic update to the new name also. No problem and as I would expect.

Scenario 2
I have a UDT for the motor called MOTOR_UDT and with 3 members, RNG (running), STP (stopped), FLT (fault). I use this UDT X times with a tag called MOTOR ,so my database has MOTOR[X].RNG, MOTOR[X].STP, MOTOR[X].FLT and these bits are used in the logic. Nothing hard so far.
Now if I edit the UDT and change the RNG member name to RUN and hit the apply button all the names change correctly in the tag database, as I would expect so I have MOTOR[X].RUN.
However the tags do not update in the ladder logic and hitting “Verify” brings up “Invalid Member Specifier” anywhere the tag is used and the name of the tag is still MOTOR[0].RNG.

So the question is, is this normal behaviour or am I missing something here? Do I need to do find and replace? I am using version 19.

Thanks