Sending PLC tag info from Red Lion Data Station / Crimson 3

sccoupe

I am trying to send AB PLC tag data using Crimson 3 on a Red Lion Data Station Plus and am having trouble. First, it appears to only allow string data to be sent via the sendmail command.

SendMail(0, "Basic Finished", GetStringTag(FindTagIndex("BasicFinished1st")))

The above will send the subject but nothing for the body. I also checked the Watch Window for this tag and it returns '0' so something isnt working correctly with reading strings. That is a problem, but what I really need to do is send integer tags and not string tags. More so, I need to send 4 tags in the same email body with text identifiers. Any ideas?

Thanks all.

You don't need to go to all that trouble. If it's a string tag, it's enough to say SendMail(0, "Basic Finished", BasicFinished1st), and if the tag is numeric, just use the AsText property to convert the tag eg. BasicFinished1st.AsText. If you'd like more help, let me know, and I'll get someone in support to get a copy of your database to figure out what is going wrong.

I got this working fine.

SendMail(0,"MD Buyout","Basic Finished-" + GetFormattedTag(FindTagIndex("BasicFinished1st")) + " Final Finished-" + GetFormattedTag(FindTagIndex("FinalFinished1st")));

But your suggestionof using the .astext is easier to type. Also has a time trying to use '&' instead of the needed '+'

SendMail(0,"MD Buyout","Basic Finished-" + BasicFinished1st.AsText + " Final Finished-" + FinalFinished1st.AsText);

The User and reference manuals dont seem to have this info in it, or at least easily found.

Thanks

Glad you got it working. The AsText stuff is documented in the user manual, but if you don't know what you're looking for, it's perhaps not that easy to find.

Oh this is cool! I had a guy call today wanting to do this in 2.0. I used the TextToInt function, and some advise from Yost.

Joe_WaZoo

Ok, so the title of this thread is sending PLC tag info from Red Lion Data Station. I'm trying to do something similar. Particularly, I'd like to expose string tags from the G3 device via the built in OPC Master Network protocol. In other words, I'd like to be able to access any or all my tags (whether bits, integer, real or strings...especially strings) via OPC. I have an OPC Client program that can communicate to an OPC Master given its IP address and port number. I suspect that after communicating, it should be able to display the tags and their values of the G3 device.

Any suggestions? I could use OPCWorx already installed on my server, but currently OPCWorx does not function well with Inductive Automation's Ignition SCADA software.

Last edited:
Send Bit Crimson 3.0 for plc omron

Hi, I need send a Bit trough crimson 3.0 (hmi G306A) for plc omron C200H.
The Tag or Bit, turn on with the clock hmi. Example 10:00 am send a Bit for plc and turn output.
Can you help me.