FActoryTalk View Studio Programming

Krilun

Hello everyone,

This should be a rather simple question to answer...

Background: I have a PanelView 1000+ touch screen. I am using FActoryTalk View Studio to programming screen for the touch screen.

Problem: I need to recieve a numeric integer input from the touch screen. Does anyone know how to do easily?

Note: I'm not sure how the Numeric Input Enable works exactly if that's what you're going to sugguest.

Basically, the differance between Input Enable and Cursor Point is that the second should be pointed moving the focus over it, by keyboard or mouse.
Also,the cursor point has already the value of the tag in his display, the Input Enable needs you to create a label with an embedded variable in order to view this.

From FactoryTalk View Studio help:

Input Enable:

When the operator presses the numeric input enable button, the numeric pop-up keypad or scratchpad opens. The operator types a numeric value in the pop-up and presses Enter. The value is sent to the Value connection at the data source.
If a write expression is assigned, the application evaluates the expression and sends the expression value to the Value connection.
If the terminal resolution for the computer running the application is too small, the pop-up does not open:
If the terminal's resolution is smaller than 124 pixels wide by 240 pixels high, the numeric pop-up keypad cannot open.
If the terminal's resolution is smaller than 124 pixels wide by 68 pixels high, the numeric pop-up scratchpad cannot open.

Cursor Point:

Once the numeric input cursor point object has been selected, that is, has input focus, the user can activate the object by:

pressing the Enter key on a keypad or keyboard, or an Enter Key object on the display.

pressing the Backspace key on a keypad or keyboard, or a Backspace Key object on the display.

pressing a numeric key, a minus sign (-), or a decimal point (.). This will invoke the pop-up and display the number, minus sign or decimal point in the pop-up's scratchpad, with whatever decimal point setting is specified in the Numeric tab.

When the operator activates the numeric input cursor point, the numeric pop-up keypad or scratchpad opens. The operator types a numeric value in the pop-up and presses Enter. The value appears in the cursor point and is sent to the Value connection at the data source.

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]

Hello all,

I am working remotely on an HMI program to remove ramp up and down buttons and replace them with a keypad entry. I am having trouble with the numeric input being written to the assigned tag value.

I first tried to leave the numeric display field in place and placed a NUMERIC INPUT ENABLE button next to it in the place of the ramp buttons. It appeared to do what I wanted when testing on my PC but I sent it down and was told that the values being typed into the on-screen keypad (Panelview Plus 1500 w/ no buttons, touchscreen only) were not writing to the assigned tag when the virtual enter key was pressed.

I think that by switching to NUMERIC INPUT CURSOR POINT and replacing the numeric display and ramp buttons with it I may have better luck. My only guess at this point is that the problem had to do with object focus.

Does this make sense? It is awful hard to figure these things out without being there.

Mike

Numeric display should not affect anything you are doing with numeric inputs or ramp buttons.

What is the exact message you get when trying to enter a value via numeric input? Because it sounds like you haven't created or referenced the right tag.

Panel view 1250 Popup

Hello,
Can somebody please help me on how to create pop ups in Factory Talk ME (1250)? I have few pumps and some analog instruments. Planning to design in such a way that operator clicks on Pump symbol which will open Pump control popup. Similar for analog setpoints etc

thanks and appreciate
Sasha

Next time you might want to start your own message thread instead of pulling up a thread that is nearly 3 years old.

That said, if you already know how to create a display just create a new display. Then right-click on a blank area of the screen and select "Display Settings". Select an "On Top" type display instead of the default "Replace.

OG

Thanks OG for your prompt reply,
I didnt realise , I was posting on old thread...but noted now
In regards to the popup , you are right, but how we call this popup from the pump symbol..I tried few things, but in vein..I am new to Factory talk mate

Thanks and appreciate your reply
cheers

Draw a rectangle/polygon over your pump and set its properties to
Line Style = None
Back Style = Transparent
Then right click on the rectangle/polygon and select animation -> Touch and then on either press or release have it display your pop-up.
I can do screen shots if you need.

HTH

Thanks Bob,
I checked and the Touch tab is grayed out so I cannot set these popups to open...also checked the help file which says " this is not supported by Factory Talk ME"

Is there any other setting?
thanks

Create a Goto Display Button
Boarder Style = None
Back Style = Transparent
Then point it to your pop-up and place this button over your pump.

HTH