GE Fanuc Series 90 30 No Output

gearmachinist

We have a GE Fanuc Series 90-30 PLC on a Bar Feeder. We were having problems with the power supply and switched the old supply out. I used a Starts90.exe program that we found on this forum to put the PLC back into run mode. However, now nothing happens. The Input numbers are lit on the input panels but nothing on the output side and none of the bar feeder controls work. The PWR lamp was not lit on the old power supply when we changed it out but the battery appears to still be good. It appears to me that the CPU either has no program or has a problem. How can we check the program in the CPU? Is there an easy way to reload the program into the CPU?

Thank you,

Gary Jennings

My guess is if you switched out the power supply the program was lost. Are you familiar with the old DOS program LM9030? If you are then maybe you can find a copy somewhere to re-load your program, if you have a back-up copy.

We have a lot of those bar feeders in my area, most are quite old and use the CPU331 of which you must keep a good battery in the power supply to keep the program in the CPU.
A little more detail may be helpful.
I suggest that you locate a local integrated who is familiar with the GEIP (GE Fanuc) PLC.