How can I compare two micro830 projects?

How large? you may just need to do it manually, I have not found it in the free version of CCW

I am not sure how many differences it picks up, but I just tried adding an XIC instruction to a rung, and changed a AI from 0-10V to 4-20mA.

I compared the before and after folders with winmerge.

The folder showed that the ROUTINE_NAME.stf changed, and highlighted the line that was changed.

It looked like:
Code:
LEFT window:
 BST  XIC  [1,0] (*TAG1*) (**)

Right window:
BST  XIC  [1,0] (*TAG1*) (**)  XIO  [2,0] (*NEW TAG*) (**)

I was not able to discern the IO configuration change.

have you tried a text based folder comparison program like Winmerge?

As said above if you are strictly looking to see if they match you could export the programs and bring them into a text editor (I use Notepad++) and compare. It will be hard to see the differences, but it will tell you if they are the same or not.

I need to compare the files so I can mark the differences and include them for reference in our ECR/ECO system. I also like to go over any changes I make prior to release so I can make sure that everything makes sense and is well documented. Habits I formed when I used to do embedded programming.

I will try the folder/text file(s) comparison and see how that works. It should be sufficient

I have the developers version of CCW. I would expect there would be a compare feature, but if there is, I must have missed it.