recipe files couldnot be deleted in runtime file in AB PanelViewPlus

prakashn

This is regarding a problem in panel view plus.In the version 4.0 of AllenBradley RSView ME RECIPE function is added which is not available in older version ie 3.2.
The problem is recipe files could not deleted in runtime files.
Actually i created 20 recipe files . But now i am going to use only 10 recipe files in the available 20.I dont have any option to delete it.if anybody come across the same problem please ......

I have not used RSVIew ME, but I have used RSView32. You canot add or delete most graphic screens in the Runtime version. You must have the "Works" version of the program to make changes in the Runtime program.

Lancie1 is correct. To add, remove or change recipe's in RSView ME v4.0 you must open the application in the ME development software. You can then modify the recipes as needed. Note: The runtime file (.mer extension) is not editable. You must have the .med file or an archive file, .apa, to make edits.

I have never had any luck with caned recipe data bases. They never give
me what I want. The best thing to do is to write your own in the PLC. If you understand index and indirect addressing it easy. All you are doing is moving data around. This is what I do and I can make fit any of my requirements.

AJ