A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

Most of the GEIP controller ports are Modbus (Serial) or Modbus TCP/IP (Ethernet)servers.
The newest ones (PAC) are Client or Server.

Ethernet Driver

Archie, I tried this out today and I was able to connect through the IP address, it worked this morning and now it's not connecting. I have an AB ML1500 with NetIP. I'm getting a "Unknown Message --22".

Archie, I tried this out today and I was able to connect through the IP address, it worked this morning and now it's not connecting. I have an AB ML1500 with NetIP. I'm getting a "Unknown Message --22".
The Error -22 is caused when a ForwardOpen fails, which basically means it could not connect to the PLC or it refused to allow an Ethernet/IP connection.

Can you cycle the power on the system? Make sure you can still ping the ip address of the controller.

Type the Net ENI ethernet address into a web browser and see if you are exceeding the limit of 3 that a Net ENI can accomodate.

Ok, I cycled it and it's working and able to ping the address. thanks
My graphics are not showing in full, it's chopped on the right and lower right side, how do I make it to show in full? Thanks for your help.

Hi

Hi Archie and to all PLC Masters,

Hi Im Jorge. Im a programmer. I am new in PLC or Automation. I just dont know where to start. I want to know where to start. Thanks for any advice.

Hi Archie and to all PLC Masters,

Hi Im Jorge. Im a programmer. I am new in PLC or Automation. I just dont know where to start. I want to know where to start. Thanks for any advice.
Jorge, Welcome.

At the top of this page is a link that says "Learn PLCS" That is a great place to start.

Work your way down through the listed topics and you will be well on your way to success!

When you have a question, start a new thread on the site with the green "Start a New Thread" button near the top of the Questions and Answers Page.

Take Care

Archie,

Awesome work. I am getting an error once I add a second digital meter to read a second address. First one I am using T4:0 as per your example. The second N7:0. It reads both, but only after adding the second do I start receiving the following error:
error in returning data from datareceived

Thanks
George

I am getting an error once I add a second digital meter to read a second address. First one I am using T4:0 as per your example. The second N7:0. It reads both, but only after adding the second do I start receiving the following error:
error in returning data from datareceived
Sometimes there are some issues with the polling being too fast. Open up the DF1Comm.vb file (or whatever driver you are using) and search for the following line:

tmrTemp.Interval = 50

Depending on the version, the value may be 10 or 50. Change whatever the value is to 100.

Archie,
Thanks for the quick reply. I am using ethernet. So I went to the Solutions Explorer, EthernetIPforSLCMicro.VB and view code, but I don't see tmrTemp.Interval. Am I looking in the right place?

Thanks
George

You are looking int he right place George. It looks like line 338 in the version I have (which I believe to be the latest).

Thanks, It was there. That portion was grayed out and minimized. Once changing it thou, when I go back into debug mode, lower left corner says build successful but appears locked up. When I put it back to 50, it was OK again. Of course back to my original problem of only being able to handle one digital meter.
Thanks for the help.

George

OK, I tried going from 75, down to 55 still locks up. As soon as I put it back to 50, it starts working, but then I get that error again. I am using an older laptop, with winXP service pack 2 if that matters. Thanks for any help.
George