A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

I'll certainly look into it, and thanks. AT this time I've only got a Linux machine on line as my "swindles" machine has died. I'm in the process of rebuilding it now. Again, thank you for the lead, I'll take a look at it.
Longshanks

pic and advanced hmi

so this what i am trying to do....i connected a pic 16F877A on my COM port so he read data coming on that port, then i make a simplest HMI with momentary button, compile it and get write faild erorr! i just want to read serial data witch AdvancedHMI is sending on COM port then try to parse it...
any sugestions???

Archie,
Congrats on a fantastic idea. Keep up the good work.

I down loaded the Advanced HMI, but could not find an exe to run or install. Am I missing something??? Like the IDE???

I wrote a VB6 program like this to replace the multitude of obsolete HMI's in our plant about 10 years ago... and it's still in use today.

A few features I have that you may want to consider.

1. Ladder Logic Viewer with address descriptions. (I imported RSLogix Library Files to get this to work because I could not read the PLC Ladder Logic. Had to import the address descriptions anyway)(useful for troubleshooting)

2. Data Table Viewer allowing data table read/write. Same as RSLogix. (useful for troubleshooting)

3. Access Levels on all Screens/Controls. Any controls assigned a Guest level would not require a login. Good for locking out Screens/Controls reserved for Maintenace use or Quality Control etc.

4. Ability to enable/disable controls based on the state of a PLC address.

5. Logging of each control activation by the user. (Great for when the operator says "I don't know why it stopped".)

6. Logging of data changes by the user. (Date/Time, Control Name, Old Value, New Value, User, Comments if required)

7. Flow Chart Control - My program will build flow charts on the fly (with comments from the PLC descriptions), but we only have 2 styles of step by step programming to contend with. Troubleshooters can click on the step transition icons and the Ladder View will pop up and show what condition(s) is needed to advance to the next step. A real time saver on breakdowns. A lot easier to keep up to date than a fault display. I still have fault displays as well ;)

8. I only used common Windows controls for my interface. (Labels, Buttons, Combo Boxes, Images - no animation). Yours is much better graphically, but should include these controls as well.

9. Support all PLC's. My program only supports PLC5's and SLC's via AB DH+ through an AB-PKTX or Control Net Bridge and Control Logix via Ethernet. Both the DH+ and Ethernet are 3rd party drivers. Yours is much more flexible by the sounds of it.

10. Make the program stand alone. I can walk up to any terminal, log in, modify any screen... done. No re-compiling. (Of course I would have to re-compile if I was adding a new type of control the the project. Coding would be required as well)

11. Support communication to more than one PLC at a time. My program has a main menu where each node on the DH+ is configured. I can only communicate with 1 plc at a time. A main menu may not be necessary if you plan to support communication with multiple PLCs on the same screen.

Well its 2am on a backshift I'm getting inkoherant...

I hope some of my suggestions spark some ideas.
I'll try to get the VB IDE so I can do some real testing.
Good Luck
Wally

🔨 anyone have some idea about this????
thx in advance

I believe that would depend on whether or not your PIC can emulate one of the supported communications protocols. I don't know much about PICs but my guess is that you'd be hard pressed to fit a DF1 emulator in the chip and much less likely to fit an Ethernet/IP or Ethercat driver in.

Maybe a Parallax Propeller? But that is a ton of work!

🔨 anyone have some idea about this????
thx in advance
The simplest thing to do would be to come up with your own very simple serial protocol. Write the code in the PIC, then develop a class that implements the ICommComponent in AdvancedHMI that talks your protocol.

Thanks Archie..
My question is again the same. Can we use it for Siemens S7-200 as wel.
Because you said that it has the drivers for Alenbratley PLC. You did not mention siemens there. So please can you suggest me any solution for that as well.

Thanks

Thanks Archie..
My question is again the same. Can we use it for Siemens S7-200 as well.
I recently written a driver for Siemens S7-200 using the PPI serial protocol. It works, but is far from complete. It supports I, Q, and M data areas. It reads bits, bytes, words, and double words. I did not get to add any error handling, so it will not report back any issues, such as "no communications" or "serial port already in use".

I no longer have access to the S7-200 that I was testing with, so further development will probably be on hold for a while. If anyone would like to try out the driver as it currently is, send me an email address and I will send you a copy.

I no longer have access to the S7-200 that I was testing with, so further development will probably be on hold for a while. .

This statement to me begs the question.

Does anyone in the US have a spare Siemens S7-200 that could be on permanant loan to Archie to allow him to do his great works with his HMI and Drivers for various PLC's

I am on it. I already sent him an email. I can't spell Siemens so it is just collecting dust in the shop.