Modicon Quantum Flash Memory

EStranz

Does anyone know how to load a program into the flash memory of a Modicon Quantum 434 Processor? I'm using the ProWorx Nxt programming software. After going onlline I tried to do it via ethernet with the processor stopped of course, and it locks up and gives a communications time out. I then thought that maybe when it tries to flash the memory that it looses control of the Ethernet card so I used my Modbus cable and got online with that and tried it and got the same result. Am I doing something wrong? Every time the processor looses power it reverts back to an older version of the program because that is what is loaded into the eeprom.

Last edited:
This should work, I did it some time ago with 434 12A processor.
First: to prevent writing from flash to RAM set MEM Protect switch to ON.

Warning: Memory Protect is a switch on your controller that stops you from altering the controller's contents. The Memory Protect switch should be ON or the card overwrites memory on power up.

I can't verify write procedure now, but I think you have to clear flash before writing. Button should be on the same dialog.
Also Flash may be smaller than total amount of data you writing.

Just a guess here.

Last edited: