Can't get ride of 16#0110 on PF755 w/NW STO

BAJ

I think I'm done with RA's Network STO option until they work out all the bugs. I've haven't had this trouble with Powerflex drives in the last 17 years I've been using them COMBINED as I've had on this one project. Using it on the K5700s has only been marginally better.

So I made the mistake of trying to add data (do they still call them datalinks?) to an existing, functional, PF755 in our system. It ended badly with Studio v32 crashing and an interesting error in the recovered project about not being able to instanciate the Module Profile.

Fortunately I'm big on backups and was able to get rid of that error by simply downloading an backup copy of the project. Unfortunately the drive somehow took the data changes and no longer matched the backup project, and I could not update the data settings in the drive through the AOP. Connecting directly with CCW I was able to set them back to match the original project settings, but then I got a 16#0114 electronic keying mismatch. The RA KB says you have to remove the AOP and re-add it from scratch (only done that with these PF755s a 100 times on this project already), but that's not working. After I reset the safety owner I still get the 16#0114.

Any thoughts?

Thx,
-Brad

Last edited:
Can't get ride of 16#0114 on PF755 w/NW STO

I found RA KB #461213, but that doesn't work either.

It appears to be something to do with the NW STO board. If I change the connection type to "standard" and download the drive connection comes up fine, although I'm STO'd. When I set it back to "standard and safety" and download, I have to reset the owner to clear the 16#080e, then the 16#0114 returns.

I tried copying the Safety Network Number from a project backup and using then when I downloaded with "standard and safety" selected, but still have the 16#0114.

Got it working. On recommendation from my coworker, I deleted the bad AOP, did an L5K export, then an import to a new project, then re-added the AOP. I also copied the Safety Network Number from the previously working configuration, for good measure. Not sure if that did anything or not. After downloading this purged-version of the project and resetting the owner the drive is now working again.

Now, do I have the kahunas to try to add the datalinks again?