Siemens s7 312c connection to PC

Finn Gevind

Hello
I have a Siemens s7 312C PLC and a IBM PC with Simatic S7 V. 5,4 Sp 3 installed.
I have got a USB / MPI cable from China. But it does´nt work, ( some could think, that was a bad idea to buy overthere, but it was cheap ). I have set the PLC PG/PC interface correctly and i have load the drivers to the cable to my PC. I have also load the Siemens USB driver to my PC.

Are there anybody, there have idea´s to what my problem could be.

I hope you can understand my english, I am from Denmark.

Sencerely regard Finn

Finn,

All the knockoff cables I have seen should be set to a COM port. Check in the Windows Device Manager to see if the cable is using a COM port.

Similar Topics

Hi! I have a question regarding ethernet communication with a Siemens S7-312C and 343-1 Lean. For some time I´ve been using the S7NetPlus...
Replies
Views
A client asked me to modify an existing system. It is a Siemens S7-312C compact CPU and a OP3 text display. Now the bitmemory MB0 to MB 60 is used...
Replies
Views
OK. You guys helped me out a bunch with my first Siemens question. I found a bunch of issues with integrity checking the PLC programs I was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a 1214 on ip 192.168.0.100. This is connected to other modules through a switch on same network. I need to connect this to a company...
Replies
Views
Hello. I appreciate the insights here and the willingness to share. I've got a lot of Rockwell experience, but my Siemens experience is...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom