PowerFlex 525 Laptop Connection

icehube

Hi everyone, I have a powerflex 525 that I need to get the parameters from and onto my laptop. I used to be able to plug in the USB cable from the module to my laptop and it would pop up with the drive and I could import/export from there into my CCW software. This was on windows 7, now that I have a new laptop with windows 10 it’s not letting me do this. It just sits there and acts like it can’t do anything with it. It does see it as a removable drive. Am I missing something or is there another way around this? Thanks

There should be a program and and document on the removable drive. The program will allow you to upload and download the drive parameters or to flash the firmware with nothing else installed.

That's the problem Geoff, when i open the removable drive it just sits there doesn't want to open the contents....i tried to plug it into another PC here at our shop and it did the same thing. Very weird. I've been able to connect like this with no issues in the past with windows 7.

recently had this same issue, and what somehow someway got it to work was by unplugging any other USB device that was plugged into the laptop. then everything worked as it should. for me it was a wireless mouse receiver, once i unplugged that, all worked fine.

I ended up using another individuals windows 7 laptop. I found out after leaving it sit plugged in for 15 minutes it would finally work. Thanks for the article guys I’ll keep you posted if I get it figured out.

This may seem basic, but have you went to "This PC" and determined if your drive shows up in there?

so you are using win10 , but can you be more specific in what build version and CCW version?
It wouldn't matter which version of CCW is going to be used if the problem is that the USB connection to the back of the 525 control module is not being seen by the W10 PC. As I said earlier, this is a known issue with Windows 10; sometimes the USB port doesn't see devices. Do a Google search for "Windows 10 USB port problems" and you will see lots of suggestions as to how to troubleshoot it.

So far for me now, it is just an issue with whatever was plugged into it last having altered something and it was removed without the device being "stopped" first. The simple fix is to plug that previous device back into the USB port, then click on the icon to "Stop" that device before unplugging it. When you go to use the USB port again, it works. Sometimes just doing a hard power down and back up again fixes it too.

The CCW is working good from the start, no troble with it (i using v10.0).
But it's much faster if i use directly USB cable for comunication and softwere which is already on the device for flashing downloading and uploading (softwere when i open "Removable Disk" and - PF52XUSB.EXE).
If i unplug and remove all USB devices and ports, and plug only pf525 modul i can connect on module, but it takes 15 minut, and PC is realy not weak so it's not useful for me.

The CCW is working good from the start, no troble with it (i using v10.0).
But it's much faster if i use directly USB cable for comunication and softwere which is already on the device for flashing downloading and uploading (softwere when i open "Removable Disk" and - PF52XUSB.EXE).
If i unplug and remove all USB devices and ports, and plug only pf525 modul i can connect on module, but it takes 15 minut, and PC is realy not weak so it's not useful for me.
I just found out that the issue of it taking a long time to connect is something that just recently started popping up with W8 and W10 users, it's something in Windows that's causing it. Rockwell is looking into it but has not yet come up with a fix for it. KnowledgeBase article 929717
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

I just found out that the issue of it taking a long time to connect is something that just recently started popping up with W8 and W10 users, it's something in Windows that's causing it. Rockwell is looking into it but has not yet come up with a fix for it. KnowledgeBase article 929717
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Good think that you checked, but again, I could not find article number that you mentioned