Unity Pro XL simulating Analog input Point connected Card

hesham3mara

1)Is there a way to simulate Analog input instead of a instrument in the simulator mode to test the software? like plcsim in Siemens you are capable simulating an input with simulator program
2)how to force an analog input point every time i force a variable the card input overrides my forcing value

This is one reason I like IO Mapping. You can set up your tags in a Structured Text routine and then when you need to force it, you can comment it out and the input won't overwrite the tag.

Analog_In1 := "Physical Input";

To comment it out,

(*Analog_In1 := "Physical Input";*)

I remember reading in the help that there is a function for this.
I like rankhornjp's way better.
I'd love to have a 4-20ma generator. I heard that you can get one on the cheap, if that is an option.
I created my own dfb for scaling analogs. It is basically the formula copied straight out of the AB help for the Scaling function + some wiz bang stuff like limits, forcing, et al.

I'm at home, so this is an older version. I'm sure it could be enhanced.

Code:
(* convert the inputs to floats *)
input_real:= raw_real;
input_min:= raw_min_real;
input_max:= raw_max_real;
scaled_min:= eu_min_real;
scaled_max:= eu_max_real;

(* calculates the slope or rate; i.e. rise over the run *)
If ((input_max - input_min) <> 0.0) Then
  rate:= (scaled_max - scaled_min) / (input_max - input_min);
Else
  rate:= 0.0;
End_if;

(* calculates the offset *)
offset:= scaled_min - (input_min * rate);

(* performs the scaling calculation; i.e. y = mx+b *)
output_real:= (input_real * rate) + offset;

(* If the "Limit_En" flag is set then limit the output to within the scaling parameters *)
IF limit_overflow THEN
	IF output_real > scaled_max THEN
		output_real:= scaled_max;
		fail:= true;
	ELSIF output_real < scaled_min THEN
		output_real:= scaled_min;
		fail:= true;
	else
		fail:= false;
	END_IF;
else
	fail:= false;