NEW PLCs.net FORUM beta test request

Phil Melore

Administrator
Hi Folks,

EXCITING NEWS UPDATE!!!!

Over time I've heard your requests and suggestions.
The result... a NEW PLCs.net forum. It includes ALL the features you have come to know here PLUS many more.

Some things:
--Linear OR threaded listings so you can follow 'tangents' within a topic.
--a totally redone search engine. Much more relevant results and can search on a minimum of 2 letters.
--A listing of the 5 most similar threads at the bottom of each thread so you can quickly learn more about the topic.
--a WYSIWYG topic editor so you can see the formatting as you type.
--Attach more than one file to a post.
--and much more...

All existing data in this forum will be brought into the new forum. NO POSTS will be lost.

I NEED YOU to beta test it for us. Try it out. Report any problems. Make suggestions for improvement. Features can still be added. We need to make sure it works before we convert to it.

If you are a registered user of this forum before 01/01/05 you are registered there as well. Simply log in using your existing username/password.

Please post feedback over there.

The address is

---removed---

Enjoy,

Nice to hear about the new features :) Great job!

1) So, shall we cont to post here or we start posting there?

2) Will all the posts/threads be migrated/copied to the new/beta sites?

3) Why not just upgrade the features in the existing site (www.plctalk.net/qanda)?

Thx. :)

ckchew666 said:
1) So, shall we cont to post here or we start posting there?

2) Will all the posts/threads be migrated/copied to the new/beta sites?

3) Why not just upgrade the features in the existing site (www.plctalk.net/qanda)?

Thx. :)

Hi,

1- Please post all plc related questions HERE on the existing forum. The new one is just for beta testing.
2- All data in the existing forum will be migrated to the new one. NOTHING will be lost.
3- After the beta test period, the beta forum and link will disappear. This existing forum address will continue to be used. (ie http://www.plctalk.net/qanda)

Sorry for the confusion.
Enjoy,

Phil,

my first impression is that the new forum looks superb!

Keep up the good work!

Kind regards,

Phil,

one drawback found already: no translation to DUTCH possible?!?! How can you expect me to understand my fellow PLCmen now? :p

OK no kidding, it looks even better with every option I check out.

Let me know if there's anything I might help you with.

Kind regards,

way cool!

Phil,

The new look is really cool! the enw features are pretty neat, and I like the translation feature (can learn espanol in this way). :D
The layout is very friendly and looks great.

Good job!

regards
Sherine T.

Looks absolutely awesome Phil. Testing! Testing! Testing!

Will pdf files be added to the file list? Easiest way for most of us - small files too!!

Absolutly Fantastic!

But where the heck do you find time to do all this?

"Similar threads"

similar4qw.jpg

Nice feature

Re: Trouble ahead.

Allen Nelson said:
Casey's not going to like it.

There's no way to post a poll!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but polls DO work... ;)

[attachment]

beerchug

-Eric

poll.jpg