Forum search

Hello,

I'm working on a project with a WinCC 6.0 application which communicates on one side with a S7-300 and on the other side with a SQL Sever 2000.
The WinCC PLC communication works perfectly but I have some problems with the communication towards the SQL Server.
I'm trying to send some tekst (example G1 or H2 ect) from WinCC towards the SQL Server, I use in WinCC the datatype String (CStr) and I use the datatype Char 16 in the SQL Server.
I'm using Visual Basic Scripting. Each time I would like to send this data I recieve this error message of my VBS debugger

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The name 'G3' is not permitted in this context. Only constants,expressions, or variables allowed here. Column names are not premitted

This is the VBS I wrote

Sub OnLButtonDown(Byval Item, Byval Flags, Byval x, Byval y)

Dim objConnection

Dim strConnectionString

Dim lngValue

Dim strSQL

Dim objCommand

strConnectionString = "Provider=MSDASQL;DSN=CLaSS_Production;UID=sa;PWD=siemens;database=CLaSS"

lngValue = HMIRuntime.Tags("Linenumber").Read

strSQL = "INSERT IGNORE INTO BHI_baalhoek (linenumber) Values ( " & CStr(lngValue) & ");"

Set objConnection = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

objConnection.ConnectionString = strConnectionString

objConnection.Open

Set objCommand = CreateObject("ADODB.Command")

With objCommand

.ActiveConnection = objConnection

.CommandText = strSQL

End With

objCommand.Execute

Set objCommand = Nothing

objConnection.Close

Set objConnection = Nothing

MsgBox ("data Is Verzonden")

End Sub

Anyone who knows what I'm doing wrong

I'm trying to send some tekst (example G1 or H2 ect) from WinCC towards the SQL Server, I use in WinCC the datatype String (CStr) and I use the datatype Char 16 in the SQL Server.
Are you sure ? Is that ´G3´ linenumber ?

Hi Seppoalanen,

I'll try to clearify. We are a company who produces fibers out of Celulose Acetate. We have 11 machines (called Metiers) with each 3 positions. So we have in total 33 lines. All of those lines go into a dryers called the A-dryer, B-dryer, C-dryer, G-dryer and H-dryer.
On each dryer we've got 7 positions numbered 1 to 7. So, the operators need to select on a pull-down menu (Combobox) in my WinCC application with which line they are working with (A1, A2, A3 ... H7).

What I would like to do is transfer these selected data (A1, A2, .. H7) towards an SQL-Server and put it in a column called Linenumber. Every time one pushes the button 'send' the column has to be filled out with the selected tekst (A1, A2, ... or H7).

I'm not using the SQL-Server on the PC where WinCC is installed on but I use a SQL-Server on an other Server. The configuration is WinCC => ODBC-driver => SQL-Server. WinCC uses Visual Basic Scripting and the only Datatype is Variant. For more info about Variant in VBS follow this Link.
Hopes this helpes

I think column name in SQL-Server is case-sensitive 'linenumber', is it correct ?

If I give in a numeric value instead of a Alfanumeric value then it works. So it isn't a case sensitive problem.

Thanks anyway

Next week I going to a WinCC course and as soon as I know the answer to this question I'll let you know.

Hi seppoalanen,

I've promised to come up with the solution, well here it is.

strSQL = "INSERT IGNORE INTO BHI_baalhoek (linenumber) Values ( '" & CStr(lngValue) & "' );"

I didn't received the answer from Siemens but from a guy in the
www.TEK-TIPS.com forum. Nice forum by the way. Has one forum especialy for VBS.

Rudi