New to Koyo need help on comms.

logixsPH

Hi, I have a DL205 system I want to create a backup of but I am at a lost with this setup. There are 2 CPU's here with the top one being the master. Can I backup the program of the 2 CPU's from the master alone? Or do I need to connect to the 2nd CPU to backup that up also? Also, which port should I use and how do I determine the communication settings to use to go online? The software I will be using is DNLoader, would that make a complete backup of the system?

TIA.

20210120_162927 - Copy.jpg

If you have programming software just plug in to CPU download save then do it again for the other. If the PLC's are not networked some how then no you can't get to one through the other unless networked? I don't see any kind of network connection in picture.

I used dnloader once(just to try) it worked I think over ethernet, been a while.

However programming software has a mode to automatically establish communication does a pretty good job.

If you have programming software just plug in to CPU download save then do it again for the other.

Carful Hammer... DONT download, you will be uploading the program, if you download you will loose the program and never get it back

logixsPH said:
What's the best way to make a complete backup?

This should help, at the end you will see where you can go online or upload the program, if you click Use PLC it will upload the program, you will want to upload and save

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Vpcakb6Yk

I would also connect to the other CPU's in the cabinet, I think they maybe communicating to the 'master' but they will have their own program.

You are right about terminology, In my mind it is download from PLC to PC or upload from PC to PLC. Some PLC software have different terminology. Sorry!

However in DirectSoft it is :
Read PLC- to get program from PLC
Write PLC -to put program in PLC

But thanks for the clarification.

I am not sure if you can get all the data when you upload the program. It seems that data and the program are treated separately. You cannot look at the contents of memory areas while offline. I was told that while online, you can "Save Project As..." to get all the data...Not sure where it goes or why you cannot look at it offline. Also, the 2nd serial port settings can't be viewed offline. I have gone to the secondary port setup screen while connected and clicked the read from PLC button to view them, then take a screenshot or otherwise record those details.

It looks like if you do backup project from file menu drop down, it saves all. As mentioned earlier if you connect with serial cable to PLC the program(Directsoft) will try to match comm port settings for you and connect.

Near as I can tell dnloader does not save files any place?? tried to get an answer on this so far nobody answering, So I am assuming it saves them in as temp., with that said no DNloader will not do what you want.

But directsoft will do it. Good luck

thank you all.

the supplier provided me with a copy of the program, but when I tried to write it onto a spare CPU to test, the 2 CPU's would not talk to each other. I assumed it was incomplete so I wondered how I could make a complete backup.