Is there a way to make an image to move up or down base of level?

junke715

In factorytalk view HMI
Im trying to make a dynamic screen for this project.
Decanter is on top of the water, and water level is measured by some transducer.
in the screen i created, i want the decanter move up or down as the water level.
any idea?

thanks in advance.

Vertical Position Animation. Right-click on the item and you should see an Animation menu.

It can be a little tricky if you haven't done it before.

OG

Vertical Position Animation. Right-click on the item and you should see an Animation menu.

It can be a little tricky if you haven't done it before.

OG

I saw that option, but my group of images do not have that enabled? any idea why?

You may have to make them into a group, select all the images, in the menu there's an option to Group or Ungroup, select it. You should be able to apply that animation to the new Group.

Ah...Sorry yeah. It looks like you only get Visibility control. I would imagine this is a performance issue. Moving it would probably force a re-draw and graphics are really memory hungry. I bet it was restricted as it would be too slow or would use too much RAM. Perhaps someone else has a work-around.

OG

EDIT: Grouping doesn't help here.

I probably wouldn't use an image for it and just use a fill property behind my tank cutaway if I had to use a visual indicator.

Most of the time I just use inches, %, whatever and if needed color code if its getting near a limit.

You can use a basic drawing object w/ the Vertical position animation however, not as pretty as an image but much lighter weight.

I do want to make it pretty if I could.
but if there is no other options, I guess that will be the way.

I probably wouldn't use an image for it and just use a fill property behind my tank cutaway if I had to use a visual indicator.

Most of the time I just use inches, %, whatever and if needed color code if its getting near a limit.

This is the best way, the moving idea looks pretty bad if you are using real values and not programing for graphics.

You could also cut up your level and use visible/invisible statements so that way it doesn't some how over fill or go below zero.

I've used the moving to resemble the movement of a robot and it "worked" as long as you didn't watch the robot. (HMIs are super slow and would be doing movement when the robot was actually done moving. It was more of a managers screen and less of an operator screen.)

The original PanelView Plus was really slow. Having a picture move would probably have had the screen stuttering. The Plus 6 and newer could probably handle it, but that first version was just too slow. So I suspect they didn't allow as it would have looked pretty bad.

Had this been SE, you would use the Import object rather than the normal Draw Image option. After selecting your image to import it would ask you if you want to convert to a native object. Saying Yes opens up all the animations. Choosing No you would only get visibility.

In ME you can only import .dxf or Windows metafiles. SE let's you import more varied graphics formats like jpg, png, and bmp.

OG

The original PanelView Plus was really slow. Having a picture move would probably have had the screen stuttering. The Plus 6 and newer could probably handle it, but that first version was just too slow. So I suspect they didn't allow as it would have looked pretty bad.

Had this been SE, you would use the Import object rather than the normal Draw Image option. After selecting your image to import it would ask you if you want to convert to a native object. Saying Yes opens up all the animations. Choosing No you would only get visibility.

In ME you can only import .dxf or Windows metafiles. SE let's you import more varied graphics formats like jpg, png, and bmp.

OG

If I remember right the robot commands would go pretty fast and I doubt even an new PVP would react real time. The robot was a pick and place with 3 axis but ran over RS232. The simple stuff that was single axis worked "fine" but was still delayed over real time.

Either way, a level I would keep it simple and just use the fill. Moving objects can be done but just isn't worth the time and isn't easy to rip off for other projects or even make it standard (imo).