regarding Studio 5000 and compactlogix 1769-L32E

mabauti

Hi everybody:

Is it possible to program the compactlogix 1769-L32E LOGIX 5332E v20 processor with this software?

thanks

The programming software changed names a few years ago. It's still the program development and editing environment for Rockwell Automation ControlLogix and CompactLogix family controllers, and even has the same part number.

Version 20 and earlier is called "RSLogix 5000".

Version 21 and newer is called "Studio 5000 Logix Designer".

You must have the corresponding software Major Revision installed to match the firmware Major Revision of your controller. You can install multiple versions on the same computer.

Because the CompactLogix 1769-L32E controller hardware supports only up to version 20 firmware you need RSLogix 5000 version 20.

In general, purchase of a new copy of the software, or a support contract, entitles you to download all supported older versions of the software, going back about 15 years.