Emerson to buy GE Intelligent Platforms

From what GEIP employees were told and I can say, the sale consists of the core PLC business mostly in its entirety. Products, sales, service, projects, etc. Emerson wants to fill in gaps they have in their offerings related to the PLC world.

SCADA software, iFix and Cimplicity belong to GE Digital and are not part of the sale, however there are numerous licensing agreements between GE and Emerson.

It took me a while to drop the habit of adding "Fanuc" every time I say "GE" when talking about their PLCs. So looks like another name change is coming.

Similar Topics

gents, I am trying to configure communication with EMERSON PK300 controller through port A1 using generic ethernet communication module . I could...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm doing some extensive testing and commissioning with a slew of new Emerson PACSystems RX3i PLCs. It would be convenient to...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Trying to get some ascii serial communications working via RS485 (COMMREQ functions). I have attached our wiring for the COM2...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First time poster, long time viewer of these forums. Could not find my solution on here. We have had issues with a Comm Fail on an...
Replies
Views
Spoke to a few outlets including Emerson and some distributors. Apparently updating firmware on subsequent modules past the CPU still uses...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom