Loading program from Memory Module MicroLogix 1200

dabigg

Hi all,

A client has recently replaced a Micrologix 1200 on site. They installed the old Memory module and expected it to just run but it didn't.
So I need to load the program from the memory module and write to the processor.
However when I try to load from EEPROM from RSLogix 500 (Comms --> EEPROM --> Load from EEPROM) I get the error message "Loss of Comms - Configuration probably changed"
Am I missing something here? What do I need to do to copy the program from the memory module?
I also had a look at setting the processor to load the program from the Memory module on power up however it seems that in order to do this it is necessary to set the appropriate status bit BEFORE writing the program to the Memory Module.
I've spoken to the client and unfortunately the only copy of the program is the one which resides in the memory module .......

The information of the Memory Module from RSLogix Function file is attached

Any help appreciated
Greg

Loss_of_Comms.PNG MM_Function_File.PNG

What happens when you click "OK"?

Values in your second picture would indicate it did load the memory module program.

The comm port settings ( on the memory module) are probably different then the default settings.

Your ML1200's serial port could be configured for any of the below protocols.

• DH-485
• DF1 Full-duplex
• DF1 Half-duplex
• DF1 Radio Modem
• Modbus Master and Slave
• ASCII

What is the complete catalog number of your ML1200, some have 2 serial ports.
You could always push the DCOMM button to set channel 0 to its defaults settings to get reconnected.(if that is the problem). See link for the manual

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...DSTnisfFP3qZbieOQ&sig2=JcsOWLIZ11naEnSMT0HFIA

Is there anything connected to the serial port? You may be able to determine the port settings from the device connected to the PLC's serial port if any.

Last edited:
Hey Mikey

When I hit ok I remain online to the PLC and it remains loaded with my dummy test program. It does not read the program from the memory module.

I spoke with Rockwell support for some time today and they came to the conclusion that there was no program in the memory module.

I was able to track down the old PLC and uploaded the program from it. Fingers crossed that it works when installed on site tomorrow. Also I think I will definitely be making a backup of the program for the client :ROFLMAO:

If it is still of interest to you it is one of the ML1200 models with two serial ports. 1762-L24BXBR series C

Cheers