OLD Panelview 1200 replacement

Rompot

Hi, I'm kind of a newbie at this, but we just replaced a panelview 1200 on a line. But I need to download the program to it. since I couldn't find the old file on our companies computers my thoughts were to upload the panel view program from one that is already working and then transfer it to the brand new used panelveiw that we replaced the old one with, but I haven't had luck. I keep getting a "no response from PanelView terminal" I tried using Panelbuild1200 in dosbox and on windows prompt in XP, but still no luck.

The solution from Rockwell's site is the following.
"

This error message is normally seen if no cable is connected between the computer and the PanelView terminal

Check cabling. Check comm port settings on the computer in the PanelView 1200 software and the PanelView terminal.

Verify that the com port is available.

If faster style computers (having 386, 486, 586 processors) are being used, this message may appear. It could be the case that the high speed processor is over running data at the comm port. To minimize this possibility, reduce the baud rate and try downloading again.

Ensure that the Panelview terminal has the UPLOAD/DOWNLOAD screen displayed before attempting to download via the RS-232 port.

"

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12629

Buenas tardes, debe conseguir el programa Panel builder 32, este programa tiene una herramienta separada de rslinx, la cual debe usaba para upload o download programa, funiona en wxp y w7, saludos // Good afternoon, you should get the program Panel builder 32, this program has a different tool or separate rslinx, which should be used to upload or download program, works in wxp and w7, everything is done by the serial port rs232 from the pc to panel view, greetings

Welcome to the forum, Rompot.

It's been a very long time since I've worked with a PV1200 and I do recall there were some quirks with communicating to old terminals with newer computers. The number of folks with the tools & skills to work with this stuff is dwindling.

I would suggest reaching out to your local A-B distributor as they may have the resources & willingness to help for the sake of customer relations.

The Programming software is called PanelBuilder 1200.
The communication cable 2711-NC1 can be used to download/upload applications from PanelBuilder 1200 to PanelView 1200.

First try the PanelView 1200 / 1400e Transfer Utility:

PanelView 1200 / 1400e Transfer Utility
732700 | Date Created: 11/06/2015 | Last Updated: 01/12/2018
Access Level: Everyone
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/732700

if it does not work then try 2711ND1W V5.01 software for the PanelView 1200 (the Windows version of PDS)is available from the following technote inside RA Knowledgebase (Techconnect required):

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21356

The issue is resolved, I was using the wrong cable.
Thanks for following up with us. Glad to hear it's been resolved.

Believe me, most of us have been members of "wrong cable" club at one time or another. Some of us have even received a Lifetime Achievement Award for our efforts! :ROFLMAO: