peer to peer comuunication in alen bradley PLC

sing6092

i need help regarding this
A baby-food distribution pump supplies 4 different filling processes. To supply each process, the pump must activate and the corresponding valve must open. The distribution system is controlled by a local PLC. The local PLC reads an integer value from the Master PLC which specifies the process to supply. Only 1 process can be supplied at a given time .
i dont know how i can use integer to operate 4 different valves i cant use binary but i can use move command . anyone can help.
thank you

Welcome to the forum!
The solution is in your description. You need the master PLC to produce 4 unique integers that can be read by the local PLC.

Start with how to get the master PLC to put a unique but repeatable value in the proper integer location, then sort out how to read that value from the local PLC. One you have that down, then the rest is pretty simple.

Just a word of warning, make sure the local PLC is reading the value from the Master, rather than having the master write the value to to local PLC.

Bubba.

Sorry, this one smells a lot like homework. The subject talks about peer to peer communications with AB PLC's but you don't mention that anywhere in your question and your question also like a text book.
If I'm wrong I apologize but if I'm correct then you are missing the point of this site and your assignment. Most of the people here are happy to help students learn about automation but that's the catch, they must LEARN, not be given the answer. If this is homework, show us what you've done so far and what you are thinking. As Bubba pointed out, a lot of times just talking (or writing) it through will bring answers and what your missing we can help with. What most of us won't do is simply give you the answer without any effort on your part. We have all worked hard over the years to get where we are whether it being a formal education or self taught, we worked for it. Giving it away doesn't do anyone any good.
Again, if I'm wrong I apologize. If I'm right we can help but you have to do the work and learn as you go.
Good luck.

Description is confusing. A Drawing is worth, well, a lot. Logical and physical.

Again, most of the battle is understanding of the process which need to happen BEFORE programming.