Abbreviations

Oh dear ...

If the US had just gone Metric back in 1976 [...] life would have been easier today

... not that old chestnut.

Is this is going to turn into another Joe Maintenance vs. Engineer, ladder vs. ST-style thread?

The units chosen for any task, and any advantage to working with powers of 10 (or twelve;-), cease to matter as soon as they touch the real world.

/rantoff

Last edited:
Since this thread has wandered so far from the OP, I will offer that there are some people who are serious about promoting the use of Base 12 (duodecimal).

This is their web site: The Dozenal Society of America

This is their mission statement:

They have some compelling reasoning, and of course, want some money to join the society.

The Egyptians back in the pyramid days used a base 64 system to be able to get a high accuracy still using whole numbers. And I thought hex was crazy!