4-20mA Loop Powered Connection

I am connecting a 4-20mA signal from an RTD transmitter to an ABB ACH 550 drive.

My sensor is an ACI RTD Freezer Transmitter with a range of -200°C to +200°C.

Can someone tell me how I could connect my loop powered device to my drive?

I'd use wire.

But seriously, if you want to use the temperature measurement as the process variable for PID control, you'd typically connect to terminals AI2 (+) and AGND (-). You also need to set the J1 DIP Switch for a current input on AI2. AI1 is typically reserved for an external speed reference input.

Here's a link to the User Manual: https://www.ccontrols.com/support/dp/3AUA0000081823_REVC.pdf

Similar Topics

Hi all, I'm connecting several 4-20mA sensors together in parallel (only one shown below) The enclosure is ABS plastic with metal backplate DAQ...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I need to send a 4-20mA signal from a PLC (ICLinks Everest) to a paperless chart recorder (Endress and Hauser RSG30) and I'm having a...
Replies
Views
Last night I ran into three drives on the same speed control 4-20. I had never seen this before and thought multiple devices would cause...
Replies
Views
I'm probably going to be called stupid for asking this. I have only ever used 2 wire sensors. we would connect one wire to 24 dc+ and the return...
Replies
Views
Greetings, Sorry to sound like such a noob...but I am.... I have a conveyor belt scale integrator that I am trying to get to communicate with a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom