Problem during installation of RSLogix-5

AB2005

[FONT=&quot]Hi[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have two Laptops both have same Windows10. As one of our old machine still has PLC-5 for which we need RSLox-5, So I installed the software in first Laptop and tested it running successfully (Diskette Master disc require to activate the software every time) but when I tried to install the software in second Laptop, during installation, it created error message which picture is attached. Though software is installed after that error message but when I try to run the software with Diskette Master disc connected with laptop, software doesn’t run. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Can anyone help me out where is the problem?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Error RSLogix 5.jpg

If that pops up when you are trying to open the program after installation it is looking for files that were not copied to the program folder.

On the installation CD or folder copy the following files to the Program Files (x86)\RSLogix 5 English folder:

Data1.cab
RSLogix 5 English 6.30.00(CPR 6).msi [Varies depending on the version]
instmsia.exe
instmsiw.exe
Setup.ini

I have had to do this more than once. Also, set the program to run as administrator.

EDIT: If this happens during installation try copying the above files before installation and then run install as administrator.

Last edited:
If that pops up when you are trying to open the program after installation it is looking for files that were not copied to the program folder.

On the installation CD or folder copy the following files to the Program Files (x86)\RSLogix 5 English folder:

Data1.cab
instmsia.exe
instmsiw.exe
Setup.ini

I have had to do this more than once. Also, set the program to run as administrator.

EDIT: If this happens during installation try copying the above files before installation and then run install as administrator.

Thanks a lot. By following your instructions, problem resolved

Data1.cab
instmsia.exe
instmsiw.exe
Setup.ini

Dear Friend;
In another Laptop where Windows 10 Pro installed, i tried to follow the same procedure to install RS Logix-5 but could not. Same error Pop-up during installation.
Any other idea?

The only other thing I can think it might be is either anti-virus software or Windows Firewall blocking it accessing the registry.

I know a lot of installation programs popup to disable anti-virus before proceeding. See if that works, or add an exception for the installer to Windows Firewall.