Twincat 3.0 in "Simulation" Mode

abit

Hi all.

I'm interested in getting familiar with twincat 3.0 and beckhoff PLC without going through the expense of purchasing the PLC. Is there some kind of way I can emulate or simulate the existence of a PLC (and whatever I/O I might be so interested in)?

Best regards

When you install TwinCAT 3 on your PC it includes a 30 day trial run time on your PC. You can create PLC programs and download to this local run time and execute your program. This is a full functioning run time so if you have some IO hardware such as an EK1814, you can control it with your PC functioning as the PLC processor.

after 30 days:

projectname >

system > license > 7 days trial license

system > real time > settings -> read from target

then check 'isolate core'

then 'activate configuration'

then 'run mode ' = OK / login / start

I do it by making the process itself as a separate block, so i dont have to do any change by hand
like starting a motor i show it on screen and i can make alarms on a separate screen.