Compact Logix EtherNet

Vehtek55

I have a 1769-L32E Compact Logix processor. I am using the EtherNet port already. I want to know if I can use the serial port to connect to another device to create another EtherNet port with a different IP address?

You should be able to accomplish what you've described through a serial to EtherNet module. Rockwell had one which is now retired, but a lot of 3rd party manufacturers still make these.

However, could you elaborate on the reason as to why you'd want to go this route? You can create any IP structure with a switch & you wouldn't need to use the serial port.

Cheers,
Vlad

Not sure what you mean by this? 1769-AENTR is an adapter to have a 1769 remote I/O chassis. It does not add a second port to L32E controller.

Good catch... I have never used one and thought it was both a additional Ethernet port and expansion I/O

Are you after a second port specifically or just need to access the device from a different network? Can you use a 1783-NATR or any NATR device?