Siemens S7 & WinCC Flex Example

CharlesM

Here is a good example of using WinCC Flexible and Step 7 with source code.

Problem
The technological task to be solved is based on a palletizer with 3 axes. The central unit is a conveyor system for the arrangement of 16 boxes on a pallet as follows: axis 1 moves the conveyor system in direction x. Axis 2 is responsible for movement in y-direction. Axis 3 moves the conveyor system in direction z. After gripping of the boxes, positioning is additionally aggravated by two walls which must be passed along the travel path to the target position.

Solution
The automation task is realized by use of a technology CPU and the Technology Template "Simple 3D-Interpolation with cam disks" (Move 3D). In the CPU 317T- 2DP a virtual master axis is used as the core element. The slave axes are synchronously controlled with the help of cam discs. The cam discs for the two axes are read and interpolated during operation.

Here is the link

http://support.automation.siemens.com/US/llisapi.dll?func=cslib.csinfo&lang=en&objid=21062269&caller=nl