Automation Direct DL-06

jseavers

We have a machine with a DL-06 PLC that is running production around the clock. I have very little experience with the Automation Direct stuff so bare with me. I purchased a HO-ECOM ethernet module and would like to install it in this PLC with as little down time as possible. We also have on the shelf this same DL-06 PLC as a spare. My question is could I set -up the spare PLC with the HO-ECOM card and give it a IP address at my desk then just install the HO-ECOM card in the same slot of the running PLC? All I want the ethernet card for is troubleshooting the PLC Via remote with Directsoft software. Thanks in advance for any help.

By the way, you would have had the same down time whether or not you had pre-set the IP. Setting the IP through the Ethernet link causes no disruption to the CPU's running.