Network connection in Step 7 - S7400 PLC to WinCC OS

cfbosch

Hi all

Hoping someone could point me to what I'm missing.

I have a Step7 multiproject with a two projects in it (I called these B150 and WinCC). One contains a Step 7 project in which is the S7 400 PLC. The other has the Simatic PC station with a WinCC OS, and a 1623 card connected to an industrial ethernet subnet I called NI01. The S7 400 has a 443-1 card also connected to an industrial ethernet subnet I called NI01. I'm hoping Step 7 recognizes these two subnets are the same subnet, but it appears it does not. I can open NetPro for each, and I see the cards are connected to the NI01 line. Should I be able to open the entire plant as a whole and connect the PLC and the OS? (If I sound very lost, I am, I don't get to work with complete S7 400 / Step 7 / WinCC projects often.

When I compile the OS (AS OS Engineering) to get the structured tags from the S7 400 project through to WinCC, I get a warning in the log telling me the area / PLC source (I called B150/PlantB) has no network connection defined to the OS (I called WinCC/OS01), and it is making a MPI connection for me by default.

The structured tags do come through to WinCC, but as the warning suggests, the tags were put in the MPI connection in the S7 protocol suite. Naturally, I was hoping for an industrial ethernet connection.

I'm obviously not setting the network connection from the PLC to the OS where Step 7 is looking for it, or three or four other things I'm doing wrong. Can anyone point me to places I can look?

Thanks!

Sorry for answering my own post - I scratched and found an answer.

In NetPro - Menu item Edit -> Merge / Unmerge Subnets -> Ethernet Subnets, and add the two ethernet networks in the multiproject together. Compile the OS, the tags now went through to the Industrial Ethernet folder in the S7 Protocol Suite WinCC project tree.