Aromat model fp1 assessments??

mordred

I would like some opinions on how well the Aromat FP1 PlC'S stack up against A/B or Omron. We are considering buying 5 of them for a sliding cooler door project. Also what cable is used for them? I have already downloaded the demo software to program them if we decide to purchase them then I will get the actual software.

Hi mordred,

Depending on your actual configuration you may also want to consider the FP0 or FP Sigma either.

The FP1 programming cable integrates a RS422 to RS232 converter. The Hirose connector (PLC side/RS422) is pretty uncommon and I never met anybody using a homemade version of this stuff. The product style is somehow "old-fashion" now, but remains robust and easy to use. AC and DC versions available as well. Built-in RTC and RS232 on SUB-D 9 upon request. Well, a paper manual could be hard to find now. Hey, actually this may be the "brick" that students are asking for!!

Apart from reduced communication capabilities, the product can be compared to competitors "brick" products.

The main other PLCs may be programmed with the same basic RS232 cable (from FP0, Sigma, FP2, FP2-SH). In addition, many versions come with integrated COMM ports and are by far easier to expand.

I really like the FP-WIN Gr tool, but the IEC 61131-3 version FP-Win PRO is not bad at all, despite the fact that the version 5 does not seem to be available around here (but has been spread for months in Europe...). One software for the whole brand. Not expensive and powerful. Add-ons, libraries and upgrades available through internet (free NAIS fan registration required).

By the way, let's mention that the actual commercial brand name is PANASONIC. This name will replace "NAIS" (will disappear). AROMAT is the M a t s u s h i t a Electric subsidiary in North America.

Any other question, feel free to ask. Notice that I DO NOT work for Aromat or any partner or even disty.

Regards,

Laurent

Thanks Laurent

Hey, actually this may be the "brick" that students are asking for!!

We will have to keep this CPU in mind the next time a student asks that question.