Unsigned DINT in RSLOGIX 5000

bgrove

PLC Programming Noob here...

Converting a Micro/WIN program to RSLogix 5000.

Anyway to do an Unsigned DINT in RSLogix 5000? Have a value of 4294967295 that I need to store.

do you really need that VALUE - or just the corresponding bit pattern? ...

if it's just the bit pattern of ones and zeros - then you might experiment with using a COP (Copy) instruction - instead of a MOV (Move) ...

TIP: a Copy transfers BIT PATTERNS ... a Move transfers NUMERIC VALUES ...

if you can tell us more about where that number/pattern is actually coming from - and what you plan to eventually do with it, then maybe we could come up with a method that would meet your needs ...

many long years ago, I had to manipulate the MSB (Most Significant Bit) by using ladder logic with an OTE instruction as a workaround ...

and welcome to the forum ...

LINT routines will do all that you need but you can’t display LINT on HMI.
Few years ago I wrote AOI that can display UDINT in the pair of DINTs that can be put side by side on HMI
You can find these in Stratix faceplates

Change the radix to HEX, which will be FFFF_FFFF.

All of the LT, GT, GEQ, LEQ blocks won't work though, you could roll your own with SUB, ADD, S:N, S:C and/or S:V.
Watch out for the overflow flag, which raises a minor error.