comm setup panelview 600 and pc

moonert

Hi,

I bought a brand new panelview 600 2711-B6C9 but it refuses to go online with the laptop.The cable i use is the 2711-NC13.I checked the port config on the laptop and the baudrate is the normal 19200.The panelview is the same.In rslinx i'm using the AB_DF1-1 driver and that should work.but it doesn't.Can anyone give me some hint please.I programmed a panelview earlier and that wasn't a problem.When I choose the PIC/AIC drives the computer comes with the message that it failed to initalise the drives.I can't use that one.I unistalled the com 1 port and re-installed it but with no result.Thanx for your time.

grtz Simon

moonert said:
Hi,

I bought a brand new panelview 600 2711-B6C9 but it refuses to go online with the laptop.The cable i use is the 2711-NC13.I checked the port config on the laptop and the baudrate is the normal 19200.The panelview is the same.In rslinx i'm using the AB_DF1-1 driver and that should work.but it doesn't.Can anyone give me some hint please.I programmed a panelview earlier and that wasn't a problem.When I choose the PIC/AIC drives the computer comes with the message that it failed to initalise the drives.I can't use that one.I unistalled the com 1 port and re-installed it but with no result.Thanx for your time.

grtz Simon

The printer port on the PV you have can only be used for a printer, it cannot be changed ( see pic below). You will have to use the RS232 (DH485) port. The cable you have is correct.
Do you have a real serial port on your laptop? The PIC/AIC+ driver needs one. If you do have a real serial port then delete all drivers from RSLinx, shut it down then restart and try to add the PIC/AIC+ driver again.
Your best solution would be to get a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter).

GreyedOut.jpg

Last edited:
I have a real serielport on the laptop.The weird thing is that the pic driver cannot be started.I post the message when it occurs.

grtz Simon

I'm sure nothing else is using the port.When I start the PIC driver is gives a message :"Fatal error initializing PIC device driver".
Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

grtz Simon

Ps I uninstalled rslinx and installed it again.No result.

How can i check if other programs are using the port?Do I need this driver to get online with the panelview?Can I use for example the RS232 driver?The message is gone but when I start the driver it stop directly and it is not possible to start again.